Sunday, May 8, 2011

Enjoying the Journey

   The Appalachian Trail is in the Appalachian mountains. In 1980, the vast majority of the trail was in the woods with an occasional short distance on a dirt or paved road. Hiking in the mountains means lots of ups and downs. After long, hard climbs I was often rewarded with spectacular views. Down in between the mountain tops there were often mountain streams. Taking a drink of cold mountain water fresh from a stream is just the thing to be refreshed after a long afternoon of hiking. The trees were beautiful, the birds were often singing, and from time to time I was able to see a deer or other wildlife. The entire experience was worth all the effort!
   My current project has it's ups and downs too. Weekends are hard when there are family celebrations. Today I weighed in at 183.0 pounds. I'll just keep on going and hope to make some progress in the future. Regardless of the outcome, I will enjoy the journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment