Thursday, August 24, 2017

Making Progress

Well, I'm making progress! I've been watching what I eat (but not doing anything crazy). The biggest change is that I have started walking a lot. If I walk my entire subdivision it is 3.45 miles. So most days I have been walking all of that. Some days I walk more. today I walked 4.24 miles and burned 495 calories! A long time ago a personal trainer told me that the only way to get rid of fat is to "burn it off with cardio." That means walking, running, or other aerobic exercise. I can feel it in my legs, sometimes my ligaments are sore. I also usually wear a knee brace on my right knee because it is a little weak.
A friend of mine helped me put new tires on my bicycle and tuned it up. I haven't gone riding yet, but hope to start soon. That's another form of exercise that will hopefully be gentle on my knees. I will keep you informed of my progress.
Speaking of progress, I am down to 198 now, which is a loss of 6 pounds! I'm still shooting for a final weight of 170 and want to maintain it. Once I reach that weight I will probably start working on my one mile run. I have always wanted to run one mile in less than 5 minutes. My best time was when I was at Georgia Tech and it was 5:12 (SO close!). I'm making progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment